Sunday, July 13, 2008

Debate anyone?

Now maybe because it's 4 am and I can't sleep and I might be a little wacky due to my wisdom teeth meds, but is anyone out there interested in organizing an atheist debate group.

We can travel around like those dumbass rednecks that go on tour together. You know those guys who tell jokes to people that begin with "So I was at the Piggly Wiggly......blah blah.....GIT-R-DONE!!!" And it just wants to make you stab yourself in the fucking head when you realize that these people are having kids?!

Ok I digress......but it just seems to me that, at least for the time being, we need to get the word out to people that you are not alone in your unbelief. Possibly we could help organize debates at local colleges....

Although nearly a lifelong atheist myself, I have to say it wasn't until I watched the video of Dawkins at his lecture in Virginia that I began to feel passionate about the damage that religion is doing to our world. It was a wake-up call for me and I'm quite sure there are many like me.

As I said I'm not exactly in the clearest of minds at the moment, but does anyone have any ideas as how to get our arguments out and being discussed by people who aren't sure where they stand in religious terms?

No comments: